Skip navigation
101 logo - A new number to call when it’s less urgent than 999

Home Office logo

Directgov logo

Department for Communities and Local Government logo

Welcome to 101

101 is a 24-hour number provided by your police and local council to deal with community safety issues, including certain non-emergency crime, policing and anti-social behaviour.

101 is live in 3 areas across England and Wales: Hampshire & the Isle of Wight, Cardiff and Sheffield.

101 is for:

  • vandalism and graffiti;
  • noise nuisance;
  • threatening and abusive behaviour;
  • abandoned vehicles;
  • dumping and fly tipping;
  • drunk and rowdy groups;
  • drug related anti-social behaviour; and
  • broken street lighting.

Calls to the service cost 10p from landlines and mobiles and will be recorded for training, quality monitoring and public safety purposes.

You should still dial 999 when there is immediate danger or you witness a crime taking place.

Find out if 101 is available in your area